Thursday, August 19, 2010

What A Whirlwind


Well I'm officially one month away from DRIVING FREE in my 2011 Chevy Malibu! How exciting is that?? Mary Kay is an absolutely amazing company with a solid value system that is shown daily through corporate, sales force, and customers. I have been extremely blessed, and I have learned SO much about myself in this process. I definitely know how to look like I have it all together, but little did I know how scared, insignificant, and insecure I felt on the inside. Not that this matters to anyone else but myself and bettering me as a person-- but living so blindly is spiritually unhealthy and it destroys any path to success. Maybe educating myself about who I really am will assist someone else in their journey as well.

In the past two months, I have realized that I have seen people disappoint my family so harshly and so frequently, that deep down on the inside I never thought I would be successful. I always knew the Lord had blessed me with talent and ability. I knew that the Lord was faithful and he wanted to use me in a mighty way- but time after time I've seen myself or the people in my family have high hopes of success or opportunity that NEVER came to fruition. Always, the Lord uses us and always we've seen glorious blessings. We have absolutely never gone without an abundance of the things we need- and mostly what we wanted. But I have literally equated ministry and following the Lord with total sacrifice- especially financially. Now, don't get me wrong- I completely understand that ministry and living a faithful Christian life requires sacrifice. The Lord plainly tells us to "Daily, take up our crosses" and NEVER would I suspect for my journey to be a bed of roses by any means. But never in a million years did I think I would not only have the opportunity to be successful-- but live financially free in the process!

The Lord calls us to life in abundance! Serve the Lord with gladness and be enslaved by NOTHING-- that includes debt. (John 10:10, 1 Cor. 6:12) Satan has so long entangled me in a fear of failure and in lies of unsuccess and self-pity. I have been able to talk the talk, but never for one second did I actually believe that anything I said about living abundantly or financially free would become a reality for me. Did I actually consider myself a faith-filled person before? There was no faith! There have been moments these last two months where my head has been so cluttered with warring within myself about my future and my ability to be successful- when literally I have felt so defeated that all I wanted to do was RUN as far away from any and all committments, opportunities, or responsibities where other people, even my family, could potentially see me fail. It was at those emotionally exhausting moments of dispair that a clarity and peace which passes ALL understanding was revealed to me through a voice that says, "I AM who I say I AM! Trust. In. ME!" So simple. But so life-changing.

WHO AM I-- to doubt that the Lord did not purposely orchestrate my position and my growing influence to share MY story and how He is blessing my family? (Esther 4:14)
WHO AM I-- to say in the face of the God of the Universe, "I can't do this. It's not possible!" (Phillipians 4:13)
WHO AM I-- to choose fear over power when the Lord plainly states that the spirit of fear did not originate from Him? (2 Timothy 1:7)
WHO AM I-- to selfishly place my faith in myself and MY talents and abilities- over the one who gave His life for me and placed His resurrection power on MY life? (Romans 8:11)

WHO AM I?

By no means do I have it all figured out. But I feel like the Lord is changing me and daily renewing my ability to see His bigger purpose. He is providing for my family faithfully in a way I never imagined-- and all it took was for me to first, find my faith, and second, put my faith into action. Do I still face days where I feel like I can't go on? Absolutely! Do I get discouraged when I make mistakes? You better believe it. But THANK THE LORD, He tells us that all it takes to move mountains, is the faith of a mustard seed. (Matthew 17:20)

SO-- because of the Lord's abundant blessings and His faithfulness in allowing me to make a difference in the lives of other women....If He WILLS....next month I will be Driving Free and on my way to Directorship!

Here is my new anthem...

I am a part of the fellowship of excellence. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I won’t give up, shut up, let up until I have stayed up, stored up, paid up and prayed up. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, colorless dreams, small vision, cheap living and dwarfed goals. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, labor by power and lift by prayer.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of fear, negotiate at the table of the enemy or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
FROM THIS DAY FORWORD- my banner will be clear-- when you see me ……you will see a woman of excellence!


I'm so thankful for the way the Lord is blessing me and my family. I firmly believe that any and all of my abundant life is a gift from the Lord because of His grace and faithfulness.
And having said that, Lord willing, in 5 short weeks....I'll be seeing you on the road! :)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! And so agree with it all!! Thank you for living a transparent life! I believe its the only way others can fully see Jesus at work! I love you!

    ReplyDelete